[ESS] ... when editing R documents, 'delete' key behaves as 'backspace'

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Sep 9 16:23:39 CEST 2008

Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:

> Eh, what exactly do you mean? On all the mac keyboards I have been using
> (which are mostly laptop keyboards, but includes the newer wired "flat"
> keyboard), backspace is backspace exactly as it is on the Sun keyboard I
> am using right now. There is a marker on the backspace key saying
> "delete", but that just indicates that pressing "Fn + Backspace" gets a
> delete behaviour.
>
> Here I tactically assume that backspace standard behaviour is to delete
> backwards and delete is to delete forwards.
>
> Kasper

Hi Kasper:

Just what I said.  I checked several Macs and they are just as I
described.  The delete key backspaces.  And, on desktops, there is
an additional delete key to the right which has the icon something
like [x> which signifies forward delete.  I don't have a "flat"
keyboard so I can't say anything about the most recent equipment.

Rodney