[ESS] ... when editing R documents, 'delete' key behaves as 'backspace'

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Tue Sep 9 16:19:20 CEST 2008

Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:

> Eh, what exactly do you mean? On all the mac keyboards I have been
> using (which are mostly laptop keyboards, but includes the newer wired
> "flat" keyboard), backspace is backspace exactly as it is on the Sun
> keyboard I am using right now. There is a marker on the backspace key
> saying "delete", but that just indicates that pressing "Fn +
> Backspace" gets a delete behaviour.
>
> Here I tactically assume that backspace standard behaviour is to
> delete backwards and delete is to delete forwards.
>
> Kasper
Hi Kasper:

Just to be sure, I checked every Mac in my house: 3 iMacs, a
PowerBook and a MacBook. All have the delete key to backspace
and the desktops have another delete key further to the right
with [x> on them signifying forward delete.

--
Rodney Sparapani      Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Sr. Biostatistician              Department of Medicine