[ESS] help() and library() in R return "... cat: not found"

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Wed Mar 5 16:14:50 CET 2008

Le mer. 05 mars à 09:27, Martin Maechler a écrit :

> Hi Eiji,
>
> I think none of the ESS developers currently have MacOS X as
> their ESS + R "work machine".
>
> So it's hard to help from the developer side.
>
> Can anyone on ESS-help help Eiji?

I am on OS X, but I never had this sort of problems. I think we would
need some more details: that "GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1" is the terminal
version bundled with OS X? How was ESS installed, then?

What I would like to suggest, though, is to try Aquamacs (http://aquamacs.org
). It is a version of GNU Emacs very well integrated with the OS X
interface. (Personally, I "demac-ified" many things; I'm just too used
to M-w, C-w, C-y for copy-cut-paste.)  It comes bundled with many
goodies, including ESS and AUCTeX.

HTH

Vincent