[ESS] stata 10

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Jul 2 18:21:29 CEST 2008

Neil Shephard wrote:

> When you fire up Stata it runs profile.do automatically, so you should
> place -set more off- into that file (no need for the -, permanently-
> option since the file is read each time Stata starts).  Where this
> file is located depends on your OS, but it should be in somewhere in
> Stata's adopath.
>
> See...
>
> man profilem (for Macs)
> man profilew (for windows)
> man profileu (for *NIX flavours)
>
> Neil

Hi Neil:

Thanks for the tips.  However, this does not avoid the first -more- that
you see when you start stata which has no purpose AFAICT.  I suspect
that is why
Brendan's first command was q and he decided that he needed .ess-stata
in the first place.

--
Rodney Sparapani      Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Sr. Biostatistician              Department of Medicine