[ESS] ess beginner issue: evaluate line/region commands

Markus Triska markus.triska at gmx.at
Sun Dec 14 20:51:26 CET 2008

LeCzar <sirnixu at gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to use ess together with R, but I am used to simple
> commands for running a line (or region) from the script. The C-c M-j
> command seems inconvenient to me regarding two things:

I agree that C-c M-j is inconvenient, and by the way, M-j is distinct
from RET (= C-m) at least on OSX. Speaking of bindings, I find it very
surprising that `ess-eval-chunk' has no key binding at all by default:
It is probably the ESS function that I use the most in noweb-files, and
I suggest as a new default a mnemonic binding like "C-c C-c" for it.

All the best,
Markus