[ESS] ESS 5.3.8 released

Chris Evans chrishold at psyctc.org
Wed Aug 6 00:10:47 CEST 2008

Martin Maechler sent the following  at 28/07/2008 07:46:
> Dear ESS users,
>
> I've just uploaded a new release of ESS, 5.3.8, to our download
> page	http://stat.ethz.ch/ESS/downloads/ess/
>
> There are not too many changes with respect to 5.3.7,
> but still... the most important one will affect R users where
>
>     - now R is started (or re-started) automatically when the
>        user wants to evaluate R code.

... rest snipped ...

Just got round to installing 5.3.8 on my work windoze/Xemacs combo and
felt a huge rush of gratitude to Martin and everyone else who keep ESS
alive and constantly improving: amazing.  Many, many thanks to all.

Chris

--
Chris Evans <chris at psyctc.org> Skype: chris-psyctc
Professor of Psychotherapy, Nottingham University;