[ESS] Does R fix() or edit() work for you these days?]

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue Sep 11 09:13:50 CEST 2007

    RMH> I think Ottorino is looking for page().

yes, thank you Rich.

edit() or fix() is about *changing* objects, and as Kasper has
nicely explained,  I'd expect ESS users to rather change the
source (file) of objects than the objects themselves.

In addition to Rich's and Kasper's good points let me mention
the one other situation: You want to modify an object of which
the code is not easily available to you:

There I'd rather use  C-c C-d   [ess-dump-object-into-edit-buffer]
which uses R-mode (and a file !) for the object you edit.