[ESS] tcsh, bash, and the inferior R process

Erik Iverson iverson at biostat.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 15 20:45:00 CEST 2007

On more digging, I discovered that by launching xemacs from a terminal,
'xemacs' was actually a small shell script with

#!/bin/tcsh

at the top, and the actual xemacs executable was getting launched from
there.  That works fine for me I suppose, but the issue still remains
that lauching it from a *bash* shell or script gives me the issues
originally described.