[ESS] sweave/noweb from ESS ... "cleaning" function names..

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Sat May 19 18:19:24 CEST 2007

Kevin Wright <kw.statr <at> gmail.com> writes:
> [Sorry for the late follow-up]
>
> FYI...with MiXTeX on Windows I use
>
> texify --pdf --run-viewer file.tex
>
> which eliminates the need to tell tex to run a given number of times
> and then separately open the PDF (since these are both automatic).
> (Could eliminate a TODO item for ESS).
>
> I don't know if all tex distributions include 'texify' or not.

What about texi2dvi. I am not sure about texify, but texi2dvi runs latex,
bibtex, as well as makeindex. I noticed that texi2dvi() in R (package tools)
says the
following in the details

     Some TeX installations do not have 'texi2dvi.exe'.  If
     'texify.exe' is present, then it can be  used instead: set
     'options(texi2dvi="texify.exe")' or to the full path of the
     program.

Gregor