[ESS] sweave/noweb from ESS ... "cleaning" function names..

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri May 18 20:00:13 CEST 2007

Kevin Wright wrote:
> [Sorry for the late follow-up]
>

> FYI...with MiXTeX on Windows I use
>
> texify --pdf --run-viewer file.tex
>
> which eliminates the need to tell tex to run a given number of times
> and then separately open the PDF (since these are both automatic).
> (Could eliminate a TODO item for ESS).
>
> I don't know if all tex distributions include 'texify' or not.
>
> Also, can I suggest including 'downcase' in appropriate places like:
>
> (search ".rnw" (downcase (buffer-name)))
>
> This helps people that use that use "rnw" instead of "Rnw" for file extensions.
>
> Kevin Wright

Unfortunately, texify is not in TeX Live.  Do you find MikTeX
to be better than TeX Live.  I notice that you specify PDF.
I find DVI to be much easier to work with, however, on Windows
with TeX Live, DVIOUT is very slow, about a minute to display
per page.  Maybe I should just switch to MikTeX since I don't
have much to lose at this point.  However, TeX Live comes with
way more packages like beamer, pgf, statex that you have to
manually install with MikTeX.

Rodney