[ESS] Emacs 22 -- much less fontification ..

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Jun 16 12:50:49 CEST 2007

    PaDre> I think Martin was refering to the *R* buffer, not
    PaDre> the buffer you are in when editing an *.R file.

    PaDre> FWIW: I can confirm the missing fontification in the
    PaDre> *R* buffer. Everything is fine the *.R buffer.

    >> Exactly, I was refering to *R* and there's no problem in
    >> *.R buffers.

    StEgl> Hi,

    StEgl> Can someone give a simple example of what used to be
    StEgl> fontified in *R* using Emacs 21.x but is not in Emacs
    StEgl> 22?  I still get fontification of comments and
    StEgl> strings in my *R* buffer, see:

    StEgl> http://www.damtp.cam.ac.uk/user/sje30/r-font.png

    StEgl> for an example of what I see.

Yes, that's what I would *like* to see, and what I did see with
Emacs 21.3 and 21.4, but no longer with 22.1.

So it might be a difference in our initialization defaults?
Martin