[ESS] Editing Rd files in Aquamacs Emacs (MacOS X)

Jari Oksanen jari.oksanen at oulu.fi
Mon Jun 4 12:31:30 CEST 2007

Dear ESS people,

I assume that MacOS Emacs/Aquamacs list would be a more appropriate place for
this query, but they told me that I'm not allowed to post there. Perhaps
somebody here can give a simple answer (like 'no, it can't be done').

Is it possible to use nice editing mode for Rd files (R help files) in Aquamacs
Emacs in MacOS X? I upgraded to the latest version I found (Aquamacs 0.9.9d) and
it came completely without the needed lisp file essddr.elc in its ess-mode/lisp
directory. The CVS version of Aquamacs seems to have the essddr.elc file, but I
couldn't see any visible consequences of using that. Neither did it help to
install locally the latest version of ESS (5.3.4). I assume that the conclusion
is that the mode for editing Rd files is not available in Aquamacs. Can anybody
please correct me.

Cheers, jari oksanen