[ESS] Incomplete commands hang Emacs when using C-c C-t

Randy Johnson rjohnson at ncifcrf.gov
Fri Jul 6 15:44:41 CEST 2007

Hello,
I really like using C-c C-t to run my miscellaneous commands, but I'm
afraid that from time to time I forget a closing ')' and the process
hangs, presumably while waiting for me to finish the command (eg "C-c
C-t ls(" creates the problem). I've been force quitting and
restarting the session, but this can be rather distracting. Is there
a more graceful way to recover?

Thanks,
Randy

I'm running Emacs version 22.1.1 and ESS version 5.3.4 on OS X 10.4.10.

Randall C Johnson
Bioinformatics Analyst
SAIC-Frederick, Inc (Contractor)
Laboratory of Genomic Diversity