[ESS] ESS toolbar not displayed

Gabriel Margarido gramarga at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 19:35:44 CET 2007

Hello, all.

I'm running R under Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy, using Emacs + ESS and I love it!

Unfortunately, the toolbar is not displayed and that makes things a LOT more
difficult. Actually, I see the standard Emacs toolbar, but not the ESS icons.
I already tried changing the path to '/etc/icons' but it didn't work.

I've read every single post and changed my .emacs file a dozen times, without
success.

I can't figure out what's wrong. Think support for the toolbar is not the
problem.

I'm glad if anyone can help!!
Unfortunately, I don't get any error messages to post here.
Of course, if any other output is required, I can put it here.

Thanks in advance.
Gabriel.