[ESS] sometimes <C-x s> does not work ...

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 31 18:23:20 CET 2006

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Meinhard Ploner wrote:

> Okay, now I worked for some time without this problem, but now it evolved
> again:
>
> C-x C-s is recognized simply as C-x and "nothing".

Weird! I could understand this happening if the 's' was failing all by
itself, but that would be really obvious.

Googling "ctrl-s problem" (with the quotes) gives a few hits, but the
'enable-flow-control' toggle  is not your problem as you describe it.

Maybe when this next happens, you can change focus to another (non-emacs)
window and try out the C-x C-s sequence to see if it is recognized.

Maybe swap keyboards with another machine and see if the problem migrates
there?

Chuck