[ESS] [ESS-bugs] ess-mode 5.3.0; Accented characters

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed May 17 20:19:34 CEST 2006

Michel Jacques wrote:

>Accented characters (like é) in titles of graphics are replaced by a box
>followed by the letter, although emacs is configured with iso-latin1
>
>Emacs  : GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
> of 2004-03-10 on NYAUMO
>Package: ess-mode 5.3.0

Sounds very similar to another recent bug report, but it was a bug (or a
feature) of emacs.
Here's a short summary of the resolution.  Of course, you will need to
substitute some
other coding system like iso-latin1.  Let us know.

It's not a problem of ESS but emacs.

After I start ESS,I set-buffer-process-coding-system to
cn-gb-2312,everything goes well.