[ESS] from emacs region to R

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 27 09:57:04 CEST 2006

    >> Further note that the upcoming next version of ESS will
    >> additionally have
    >> C-c C-p : ess-eval-paragraph-and-step
    >> and
    >> C-c C-c : ess-eval-function-or-paragraph-and-step

    >> thanks to recent suggestions on this mailing list.
    >> I currently thank that many ESS users might like to change their
    >> habits and start using C-c C-c  very frequently.

    Frede> Well, allready I frequently use C-c C-c together with
    Frede> C-g when I inadvertently hit C-c C-b instead of C-c
    Frede> C-n and situations like that. C-c C-c is for me
    Frede> defined as

    >> C-c C-c runs the command comint-interrupt-subjob
    >> which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `comint.el'.
    >> It is bound to C-c C-c, <menu-bar> <signals> <break>.
    >> (comint-interrupt-subjob)
    >> Interrupt the current subjob.
    >> This command also kills the pending input
    >> between the process mark and point.

    Frede> If ESS-core decides to overrule this definition is
    Frede> there then any way I can "easily" toggle to the
    Frede> original bounds?

Frede, I assume you have confused the key mapping in
"inferior-ess-mode" with than one in "ess-mode", i.e. the ones in
the *R* buffer with the ones in *.R file buffers.

Of course we'd never think of "overrule" the current long-time
C-c C-c definition in inferior-ess-mode.
Instead I've been taking about the one in 'ess-mode' (the "*.R"
file buffers').

Martin