[ESS] from emacs region to R

Frede Aakmann Tøgersen FredeA.Togersen at agrsci.dk
Mon Mar 27 09:35:39 CEST 2006

> Further note that the upcoming next version of ESS will
> additionally have
>   C-c C-p : ess-eval-paragraph-and-step
> and
>    C-c C-c : ess-eval-function-or-paragraph-and-step

> thanks to recent suggestions on this mailing list.
> I currently thank that many ESS users might like to change their
> habits and start using C-c C-c  very frequently.

Well, allready I frequently use C-c C-c together with C-g when I inadvertently hit C-c C-b instead of C-c C-n and situations like that. C-c C-c is for me defined as

C-c C-c runs the command comint-interrupt-subjob
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `comint.el'.
It is bound to C-c C-c, <menu-bar> <signals> <break>.
(comint-interrupt-subjob)
Interrupt the current subjob.
This command also kills the pending input
between the process mark and point.

If ESS-core decides to overrule this definition is there then any way I can "easily" toggle to the original bounds?

Best regards

Frede Aakmann Tøgersen
Scientist

Danish Institute of Agricultural Sciences
Research Centre Foulum
Dept. of Genetics and Biotechnology
Blichers Allé 20, P.O. BOX 50
DK-8830 Tjele