[ESS] jumping to a function's definition

Rajarshi Guha rxg218 at psu.edu
Wed Mar 1 19:05:51 CET 2006

Hi, I've recently switched to using Emacs and ESS.

When I write R scripts that contain multiple functions, I note that I
can get a a list of the available functions from the Imenu toolbar.

Is there a way I can access this functionality from the keyboard? That
is, if my cursor is on a function name (and it is also defined in the
current file or maybe in a .R file in the current directory) and I do
some combination of keys, say C-c b, I would be able to jump to the
function definition.

A little searching shows that I could do M-. to jump to functions, but I
think it's more oriented towards C/C++ as it requires the use of a TAGS
file.

Any pointers would be appreciated

Rajarshi Guha <rxg218 at psu.edu> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE