[ESS] folding/outlining

Sebastian Luque spluque at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 18:00:52 CET 2006

Hi,

I've spent some time looking for a method to outline code while using ESS,
and the allout package was suggested on a recent thread here.  I had
trouble understanding the documentation in the customization group for
allout, so I'd appreciate some help setting it up to work with ESS.  I
tried:

(require 'allout)
(outline-init `ask)

and did M-x outline-hide-bodies while in a few files (R source and elisp
files), but got the message "Wrong type argument: stringp, nil".  I'm
using GNU Emacs 21.4.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
of 2005-10-02 on trouble, modified by Debian, and ess 5.2.11.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

--
Sebastian P. Luque