[ESS] Xemacs version 24.4.18-1

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 6 08:43:49 CET 2006

    Cory> Does Xemacs still support ESS?

no, but ESS does support Xemacs ;-) :-)

    Cory> I have downloaded the most recent version and I can't
    Cory> get it to work with ESS.  Xemacs doesn't list ESS as a
    Cory> downloadable package any more.

indeed, that's correct;
this has been a recent topic on the ESS-help mailing
list https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/ess-help
(where, BTW,  you should direct such questions in general).
Here is a link to jump into the topic in the ESS-help list
archives; read this and follow a bit through by clicking 'Next message':
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/ess-help/2005-December/003095.html

    Cory> Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Did you try to follow ESS installation instructions?
as they come with ESS or are available from

   http://ESS.r-project.org/
by choosing 'ESS manual' (either HTML or PDF)
or directly jumping into the HTML manual at
   http://ess.r-project.org/Manual/ess.html#Installation

    Cory> Thank you
    Cory> Cory Nissen

you're welcome,