[ESS] Fwd: Special characters in graphic interface

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 07:04:25 CET 2006

Not ESS, but Emacs might be mangling the character coding (and might
be interacting in a nasty way with R, depending on R's version).

So yes, "they are just passed to R", but character coding can get in
the way if they don't "pass things right" (even or especially "ASCII
text", which is not really ASCII anymore, presents encoding issues).