[ESS] SAS mode and commenting

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:09:49 CET 2006

>Just beginning with ess and emacs in general, so forgive me...
>
>Using ess 5.2.11, gnu emacs 22.0.50.1, and win2000:
>I have been experiemtning with the comment and autofill capabilities in ess
>[sas] and found that when i try to continue a comment i get a peculiar string
>of reg expressions instead of a comment, for instance:
>
>M-; generates:  \*\|/\*  ;\|\*/
>
>And if i am typing a comment that should be wrapped, instead of postfixing the
>appropriate end-comment character, it generates: ;\|\*/
>
>David

Hi David:

I thought we fixed this.  What do you see on lines 561-564 of
ess/lisp/essl-sas.el?
It should be:
    (comment-start                . "** ")
    (comment-start-skip           . "[*][*] ")
    (comment-end                  . " **;")
    (comment-end-skip             . " [*][*];")

It works for me using xemacs on solaris, but that shouldn't make any
difference.
Thanks,

Rodney