[ESS] opening pdf or postscript browser after ess-eval-...

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Apr 12 18:00:11 CEST 2006

Sebastian Luque wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Whenever I'm creating a pdf or postscript file with pdf() or postscript()
> in R, I check the output doing: 'C-c C-z' from the script file (to switch
> to inferior ESS buffer), 'C-x C-j' (to go to the working directory; this
> is from dired-x), and finally open the file with xpdf or xdvi.  Searching
> the archives and documentation, I failed to find a function to automate
> this procedure.  Has such a function been implemented?  Thanks.

Hi Sebastian:

It has been requested before.  I submitted a version of
ess-sas-graph-view that did something similar.  However,
I can't find that post in the archives.  ess-sas-graph-view
started out as a general purpose method of viewing image
files from ESS.  Over time, I made it specific to SAS only.
So, you can either look at ess-sas-graph-view today and
subtract the SAS specific stuff or you can get an early
version of ess-sas-graph-view from SVN.  Or maybe you
could find the original post in the archives, I tried google,
but there might be a better way.

Rodney