[ESS] Getting history access from within an R session run by iESS

Michael Hoffman hoffman.mm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:49:55 CEST 2005

Richard M. Heiberger wrote:

>>From your description, it looks like your application can get
> the information it needs directly from the sys.*() calls,
> and therefore doesn't need the history mechanism.

I've noticed this won't work when I am using lattice, because
grid.newpage() (where I can place a hook) is not actually called until
the lattice object is printed, making the print() sys.call(1) rather
than the original call to xyplot() or whatever.

Are there any other suggestions to fix this?

Thanks!
--
Michael Hoffman