[ESS] Toolbar Images Blank

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 7 18:00:10 CEST 2005

 > I'm trying to get ESS up and running for a course I'm teaching.  One
 > problem I am running into is that when I open a *.r file the ESS mode is
 > invoked but a number of the buttons on the top of the window are missing
 > their icons.  (for example there's no big "R" icon to start an R-session)
 > indeed there are 7 blank buttons starting after the replace button.
 >
 > Does any one know how to fix this problem?

hi,

Can you check what the value of ess-icon-directory is

C-h v RET ess-icon-directory RET

does that directory contain the icon files  (e.g. startr.xpm)?

If not, you need to set it by hand, but the code should have found the
right directory automatically.

You should find all the icons in ESS/etc/icons  - is that the case?

Stephen