[ESS] ess using stata: Symbol's value as variable is void:, inferior-ess-font-lock-keywords

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 13:06:08 CEST 2005

On 10/12/05, renato corbetta <corbetta at uab.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the help. I truly appreciate it.  I gather from previous
> exchanges
> that few developers are still working with Stata.  More and more people
> in my
> field are migrating to R, but Stata remains widely used.

It is true that I no longer use Stata (havn't since version 6.0 came
out eons ago), Bill at Lexington (?last name escapes me) has been
talking about helping with Stata support.  I don't even have access to
it anymore.  I don't think anyone in ESS core does.

But for the editing mode, that shouldn't be an issue.  Almost too bad
about Stata users here, since it's a nice fast little program for data
analysis.

best,
-tony

blindglobe at gmail.com
Muttenz, Switzerland.
"Commit early,commit often, and commit in a repository from which we can easily
roll-back your mistakes" (AJR, 4Jan05).