[ESS] Fwd: *R* buffers: keeping cursor at the end

david whiting david.r.whiting at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 17:09:10 CEST 2005

Oops, forgot to reply to the list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: david whiting <david.r.whiting at gmail.com>
Date: 11-Oct-2005 16:08
Subject: Re: [ESS] *R* buffers: keeping cursor at the end
To: David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com>

I've added this to my .emacs and then bound it to F12. This also does
a split so that if I have a single frame with source code it puts the
R buffer next to it.

(defun R-split ()
  "Split horizontally and go to bottom of R window in other window"
  (interactive)
  (delete-other-windows)
  (split-window-horizontally)
  (other-window 1)
  (ess-switch-to-end-of-ESS)
  (other-window 1)
  )

I use this, but don't think it is optimal, I just have not figured out
exactly how I want things to work.

Dave

On 11/10/05, David Reitter <david.reitter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> every time I execute something  via C-c C-j I have to go over to the
> *R* buffer and scroll to the very end to see it - because it doesn't
> scroll automatically. When doing C-c M-j, it scrolls to the end, but
> I don't want to switch to the *R* buffer.
> (You need to know that I'm displaying the *R* buffer and my source
> files in two different frames next to each other, as Aquamacs works
> much more with frames than standard GNU Emacs does.)
>
> Does anyone know how I can get the window with the *R* buffer to
> scroll to the end?
>
> -- Dave

David Whiting

--