[ESS] rdired stopped working

Henning Redestig redestig at mpimp-golm.mpg.de
Tue Nov 8 13:08:18 CET 2005

Indeed I had a function called [.someObject for custom subsetting for
objects with class(x)=="someObject", when I removed this function rdired
works fine again. I guess its a bit patchy and not common usage to have
such functions on the local workspace but maybe rdired can be fixed to
handle it, I will try to see if I can locate the error :)

My problem with ess-load-file also seem to be specific to certain
buffers, though not the one containing the definiton for [.someObject.
Is there some specific syntax that ESS doesnt like or some specific
guidelines for how code should be formatted so that ESS can parse it,
other than normal R guidelines? I usually dont end R code statements
with ';' for example, should I?

Really appreciate the fast response, thanx!

/Henning