[ESS] initial fontification and doc mode in noweb

Bill Rising brising at louisville.edu
Tue May 17 23:19:16 CEST 2005

If I open a .Rnw file which contains only LaTeX commands, the
document mode does not get set properly.

If, however, I go to the bottom of the file, insert a < (which then
expands to <<>>= as it should), and then move back up into the
initial doc chunk, the mode correctly switches to the correct doc
mode. This seems to indicate that the chunks are not being fontified
until there are more than the initial chunk 0.

Here is the code I have in my .emacs file to be sure that the modes
are set:

(defun Rnw-mode ()
   (interactive)
   (require 'ess-noweb)