[ESS] Xemacs Rnw strange file display

Wang, Zhu zhuw at mail.smu.edu
Thu Mar 31 06:13:54 CEST 2005

Dear all,

When I open the file obtained from the link

http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch/Sweave/example-1.Snw

The file looks like this:

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}\title{Sweave Example
1}\author{Friedrich Leisch}\begin{document}\maketitleIn this example we
embed parts of the examples from the\texttt{kruskal.test} help page into
a \LaTeX{}
document:<<>>=data(airquality)library(ctest)kruskal.test(Ozone ~ Month,
data = airquality)@which shows that the location parameter of the Ozone
distribution varies significantly from month to month. Finally weinclude
a boxplot of the
data:\begin{center}<<fig=TRUE,echo=FALSE>>=boxplot(Ozone ~ Month, data =
airquality)@\end{center}\end{document}

My Xemacs ~/.xemacs/init.el followed exactly as
http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~leisch/Sweave/sweave-site.el. My questions
is why I have the so strange file format without any line break for Rnw files (since I have
tried other Rnw/Snw files). But if I open some file.R R scripts, for example, I don't have
such file display and the line breaks appear as expected.

Thanks,

Zhu Wang