[ESS] Re: ess-developers/users using sweave/auctex

Sebastian Luque sluque at mun.ca
Thu Mar 31 05:43:27 CEST 2005

"Alun Pope" <POPEA at stgeorge.com.au> wrote:

[...]

> As a recruit to emacs of only 6 months standing, I know no lisp and
> have not been able to make many modifications apart from .emacs files
> and the like that I have found on the web, and occasionally guessing
> what will work by analogy. Therefore I welcome your offer Patrick.
> Personally I would like to be able to use AMS LateX more easily (meaning
> that the environments special to that should be available in the
> menus).

I don't use them so much myself, but several of those environments are in
the "LaTeX -> Insert Environment" or the "LaTeX -> Change Environment"
menus. I don't know if they are there by default or because I have
LaTeX-math-mode as a hook:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook (lambda ()
			     (LaTeX-install-toolbar)
			     (turn-on-reftex)
			     (turn-on-auto-fill)
			     (LaTeX-math-mode)) t)

I also have the following, as part of my AUCTeX setup:

(require 'tex-site)
(autoload 'reftex-mode "reftex" "RefTeX Minor Mode" t)
(autoload 'turn-on-reftex "reftex" "RefTeX Minor Mode" nil)
(autoload 'reftex-citation "reftex-cite" "Make citation" nil)
(autoload 'reftex-index-phrase-mode "reftex-index" "Phrase Mode" t)
(add-hook 'latex-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex t) ; with Emacs latex mode
(add-hook 'reftex-load-hook 'imenu-add-menubar-index t)
(add-hook 'reftex-mode-hook 'imenu-add-menubar-index t)
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook '(lambda () (require 'latex-units)) t)
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook #'LaTeX-preview-setup t)

and for now, I'm very satisfied. In fact, it's probably more than I can
handle currently without getting too distracted from the actual content
;-)

For this particular question though, people in the auctex mailing list may
have better ideas.

--
Sebastian P. Luque