[ESS] no gnuclient

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Fri Mar 25 19:46:22 CET 2005

Hmmm.

I am not sure WHY you would want to want to use 'fix' in preference to

C-c C-d		ess-dump-object-into-edit-buffer

followed by edits, followed by

C-c C-l		ess-load-file

but --- as they say --- "Gentoo is about choices"

If all you want is a new xemacs to start and to be able to edit your
object, then setting

 	options("editor"="xemacs")

in R should work. It does on my

Gentoo Linux 2.4.24-sparc-r2 running R-2.0.0 with ess-5.2.2

HTH,

Chuck