[ESS] Suggestion for lazy help

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Sun Mar 13 23:46:43 CET 2005

The problem on Windows is the "name completion data base".

It works correctly with R on Windows in a *R* buffer in emacs.

It doesn't work with the S-Plus GUI on Windows.

It starts to work with the S-Plus Sqpe under emacs.  The S-Plus Language Reference
window starts, but never gets past the hour glass.  When I kill the frozen Language
Reference window, it also kills the Sqpe with it.

I have to solve the "name completion data base" issue before I can do anyhing else.
this is a known problem which has been on my task list for a while.

Rich