[ESS] Debugging in R

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Fri Jun 24 10:19:11 CEST 2005

Thank you, Kasper,

    Kasper> For my case, everything I have tried works fine. And
    Kasper> I am positive that options(error = recover) works
    Kasper> fine.

yes and no.
It works fine for its own purpose, but it does "hang" part of
the "interactivity" of ESS, e.g., C-c C-v (display-help..) or
 "object name completion"  {you "only" need  'C-g' to interrupt
the hanging ESS here}.

I've also only recently persuaded myself that this needs to be
dealt with --- and probably rather sooner than later.

Martin

    Kasper> Have you set you editor to something strange? I get
    >> getOption("editor")
    Kasper> [1] "emacsclient"

(yes,  that's a good setting and you should get it as default,
 at least in GNU emacs)