[ESS] RE: [R] Ess packages for Suse-9.2 available ?

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Thu Jan 13 20:11:50 CET 2005

Yes, I still have been making RPMS and I post them in
http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/software.

The one I'm using in Fedora Core 3 seems completely fine:

http://lark.cc.ku.edu/~pauljohn/software/favoriteEmacsFiles/emacs-ess-5.2.3-4.PJ.noarch.rpm

I do not know if they are directly installable in SUSE because SUSE
changes directory locations in some programs. But it should be very easy
for a SUSE user who knows how to build RPMS to take my SRPM file, fiddle
the SPEC to make the directories correct, and then rebuild.

I am committed to keep providing these rpms because I've prevailed on
several students to learn to use Linux and Emacs and R, and can't
abandon them. Yet.

pj