[ESS] Problem with C-c Return

Kiermeier, Andreas (PIRSA - SARDI) Kiermeier.Andreas at saugov.sa.gov.au
Mon Feb 21 07:38:05 CET 2005

Tony,

WinXP was installed on my laptop - so that hasn't changed.

Emacs: I've updated to this release in around the 5th of January, but based
on "M-x version" there was no change (I get the CVS compiled binary from
http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/).

ESS, I have changed to 5.2.5 when it was released. Interestingly, I
apparently don't use this function as often as I thought. I just went back
and downloaded ess version back to 5.1.24 - all with the same result (which
in light of the next paragraph was rather silly). I'm sure that it's not
worthwhile going back any further.

It then occurred to me that "comint-copy-old-input" is not actually defined
in ess anywhere, but in comint.el. A Google search for
"comint-copy-old-input" reveals as it's first link a patch to comint.el, in
which got replaced by "compint-insert-input" back in June last year. Details
are at

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-06/msg00832.html

Any thoughts? Emacs bug?

Cheers,