[ESS] file completion anyone has it working?

Henrik Andersson h.andersson at nioo.knaw.nl
Thu Feb 3 09:31:02 CET 2005

With GNU Emacs 21.3.50.1 on WinXP & ESS 5.2.5

When I type
 > source("sen
and press ESC-TAB, I get (voila!)
 > source("c:/home/henrika/R/modules/sensitivity.R

Working I would say, but not after you issue an
setwd(some/other/folder), but I have learned to live with that.

Cheers, Henrik

Sebastian Luque wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:55:45 -0500, Jean Eid <jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca> wrote:
>
> [...]
>

>>i.e does esc-tab , or tab after quotes work for anyone??
>

> I recently upgraded to ess 5.2.5 and noticed that object name completion
> slowed down considerably (compared to 5.2.3, my previous version) and file
> name completion is not working for me either on GNU Emacs 21.3.1
> (i386-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2004-10-16 on raven,
> modified by Debian.
>
> However, I haven't delved into any new variables that can be customized.

Henrik Andersson
Netherlands Institute of Ecology -
Centre for Estuarine and Marine Ecology
P.O. Box 140