[ESS] ess toolbar not displayed in Windows 2000

Adaikalavan Ramasamy ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Mon Nov 15 20:16:08 CET 2004

Does anyone know why the the wonderful R/S-PLUS and files toolbar works
in Linux (Redhat Fedora Core 2) and not in Windows 2000 ? Does anyone
else have this problem ?

I am using ess 5.2.3, emacs 21.3.1 and R-2.0.0 on both systems.

The "Changes/New Features in 5.2.1" says that the toolbar should be
enabled if Emacs displays images but as far as I can see emacs 21.3.x
should be able to do this.

If someone could suggest what I need to solve the problem, I would be
grateful. Please cc me in the solutions as I am not subscribed to the
mailing list.

I managed to convince some of my colleagues to try R with using
emacs-ess but they are not used to the emacs key bindings. They would
find the R toolbar very useful.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,
Adaikalavan Ramasamy                    ramasamy at cancer.org.uk
Centre for Statistics in Medicine       http://www.ihs.ox.ac.uk/csm/
Cancer Research UK                      Tel : 01865 226 677
Old Road Campus, Headington, Oxford     Fax : 01865 226 962