comint-input-ring-size

Robin Hankin rksh at soc.soton.ac.uk
Tue May 18 15:36:08 CEST 2004

Hello everybody.

I've just been having problems with comint-input-ring-size.   The
default for this is 32, which
I find far too small.  Two questions

(1) could we change ess to have a default of 1024?

(2) This variable cannot be set with M-x set-variable (which reports
that the variable does not exist).
I have just found out (thanks Stephen!) that the correct way to do
this is to  put  (setq comint-input-ring-size 1024) in my .emacs
file.  This may be obvious to lisp programmers, but
I needed to ask for help.  Could we document this somewhere please?

I'm not a programmer. I'm just Joe Q Public, Happy ESS User.

--
Robin Hankin
Uncertainty Analyst