keybindings in SAS mode

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at post.its.mcw.edu
Wed Mar 10 16:26:14 CET 2004

>Sorry for the last post. I was using ess-5.1.24 and not ess-5.2.0beta4. The
>solution below works in 5.1.24 and not in the new (beta) version?
>
>There seems to have been some changes from 5.1.24 to 5.2.0beta4. Previously I
>was used to get automatic indentation in ESS(SAS) mode, now I only get it
>when pressing TAB. This seems to be a sensible default, however is there any
>way to get ESS to revert to its former default.
>
>/Kasper

Kasper:

The problem with SAS is that the grammar is extremely complicated.  I've been
improving that for the last 5 years.  Now, the grammar is mostly correct.  Most
syntax highlighting (which is based on the grammar) is correct, but there are
still instances that are incorrect.  Auto-indenting also takes it cue from the
grammar, but seems to be even more sensitive to it.  I found myself fighting the
auto-indenting more than following it.  So, I turned it off by default.
However, there may be a way to offer it as a user option.  I'll have to think
more carefully about that.  Thanks for the bug report.

Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research
rsparapa at mcw.edu              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor
Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do