5.2.1 feedback

Robin Hankin rksh at soc.soton.ac.uk
Wed Jun 30 13:14:38 CEST 2004

At 11:38 am +0100 30/06/04, Stephen Eglen wrote:
>hi Robin,
>
>thanks for the feedback.
>
>  > Could the ESS core update the docs to include this variable please?
>  > It doesn't appear to be mentioned anywhere in the docs at all (to
>  > be more precise: it's not given high visibility in the docs).
>
>It is currently mentioned in "Reading help files in ESS":

Hi again Stephen

thanks for this... ess-inferior-own-frame  *is*  there, but not where
I  was looking  for it!

My problem is that none of the indices appear in ess.dvi (the key
index, the concept index, and the character index all  say "index is
nonexistent").

I created ess.dvi by typing "tex ess.texi" but I must be missing
something.  Is there an
argument to "make" that I need?  I tried  "makeindex ess.texi" with no success.

cheers

robin

--
Robin Hankin