ess-5.2.1: ess-toolbar.el does not get compiled into elc file

Paul Johnson pauljohn at ku.edu
Tue Jun 29 19:44:08 CEST 2004

thought rpm building problem was solved, but now i installed the rpm and
it did not work because it can't find the etc directory and because the
ess-toolbar.elc file does not exist.

partly, this is difficult because the Makefiles in ess do not respect
the prefix assigned by the user.

make prefix=/tmp/ess install

for example, fails.  And no matter how you set prefix in Makeconf, it
still tries to drop info files wherever it wants to, not relative to
install directory.

Oh well.

After compiling that and installing it, I see the beautiful new toolbar
additions and I think they are really great.

Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn at ku.edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504