ess-remote and SAS

Yau, Jason JYau at crai.com
Thu Jul 29 20:03:23 CEST 2004

I run sas either with 'sas -stdio' or with the additional options suggested
in the docs (-stdio -linesize 80 -noovp -nosyntaxcheck) - it doesn't work
either way. I've tried running with no parameters as well, but that just
opens the windowing system, and it doesn't seem to take any stdin inputs in
that mode.

I didn't not end each PROC/DATA sequence with RUN;, but I do end the program
with it. I was under the impression that that is all that is necessary. I AM
taking a working SAS program that works on my Windows machine and attempting
to run it over the server (of course, adjusting for libname paths, etc.)

Actually, to clarify the behavior, if I put the cursor on a line of code and
press C-c i, that line of code looks to be sent to the shell buffer and
interpreted by SAS - I get errors if it doesn't make sense. If I select a
section or all of the code and press C-c i, it just goes to the next line
number without any messages or a pause. It may or may not be submitting the
code, but it definitely doesn't seem to be running anything. Do I have to
submit manually? Also, am I going to have the standard log/output, etc.
emacs buffres that I'm supposed to get if I'm doing this on my own machine
without ess-remote? Where are these going?

Thanks in advance.

Jason