Splus help menu cannot be loaded in Sqpe

Richard M. Heiberger rmh at temple.edu
Wed Jul 14 18:43:37 CEST 2004

S-Plus 6.0.3 is several years out of date.  The current release is 6.2.
I recommend you get the current release.

> Splus help window, which I can see while I start Splus directly
> (i.e., not with ESS).  But this window does not seem to work well, and I
> cannot move this window, I cannot resize this window.

Help on S-Plus for Windows is no longer available inside an Emacs buffer.  Insightful
distributes only the GUI version of the help files with their Windows release.
I always use this window quite successfully.  It moves and resizes without difficulty.
I can't think of a reason why you would have trouble.

But I can think of another way to start it.  This is the 6.2 location, I think it was
the same in 6.0 (although you might need to change Insightful to MathSoft).
Using Windows Explorer, go to the
    c:/Program Files/Insightful/splus62/cmd
directory and double-click on
    splus.chm
This opens the help system.

gnuclientw is not part of cygwin.  It is a supplementary part of the NTemacs distribution.

Utilities that work with NTemacs on Windows machines:
    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/emacs/windows/contrib/gnuserv.zip
    ftp://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/emacs/windows/contrib/gnuserv.readme.nt

Rich