Splus help menu cannot be loaded in Sqpe

Tadashi Sugihara sugi at jhu.edu
Wed Jul 14 16:59:22 CEST 2004

Hi, I recently installed ESS5.2.2 on my Win2000 PC.  I am using Splus6.0.3.
Emacs20.7.1 on Win2000 is being used.
I can start Splus session by Sqpe.  Within Emacs window, I can use Splus.

My question is whether I can also use Splus help file in this mode.  C-c C-V
or ? invoke Splus help window, which I can see while I start Splus directly
(i.e., not with ESS).  But this window does not seem to work well, and I
cannot move this window, I cannot resize this window.

I don't want to use Cygwin.  I know that help is available when I use ESS on
my Linux machine with Splus for Linux.  So I guess...
help.pager='gnuclientw.exe', which is default, needs to be modified...  I
would like to see the help file within Emacs window.  A new window for Splus
help is not necessary.

If Splus help file can work in my present situation, then I need read some
instruction for appropriately setting variables or something.  I appreciate
if you give me a pointer for it.

Sincerely yours,

-Tadashi