ess and debug package

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Mon Feb 2 16:13:57 CET 2004

Stephen Eglen <stephen at inf.ed.ac.uk> writes:

> As an aside, when I saw your package announcement, my immediate
> thought was whether we could make use of an Emacs window (rather than
> a Tk window) to show the function being debugged.  Emacs already has
> similar support for other programming environments (e.g running gdb
> under C, lisp debugger).  But that's a low priority for now!

Sure, just like help, i.e. sending all appropriate output to an
appropriate place.  But it might get a bit complicated (we've got at
least one bug in the "brains" of ESS regarding "knowing where things
are"...)

best,
-tony

--
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/
Biomedical and Health Informatics   University of Washington

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}