[ESS] what is font-lock-pre-idle-hook

Stephen Eglen S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 16 17:48:02 CET 2004

Dear Jean,

You can help us help you in a couple of ways:

first, what buffer are you in (an .R buffer, a buffer running an R
process? or S, or Splus?) when you call M-x revert-buffer?  Is it any
buffer of this sort, or just extra long buffers?

Second, to quote the ESS manual:
   If Emacs reports an error, backtraces can help us debug the problem.
Type "M-x set-variable RET debug-on-error RET t RET".  Then run the
command that causes the error and you should see a *Backtrace* buffer
containing debug information; send us that buffer.

A quick grep of our latest sources didn't show that
font-lock-pre-idle-hook is called at all, but it may be something
upstream.

Third, can you try another version of Emacs  / XEmacs to confirm/deny
if that helps/worsens the problem.

Thanks, Stephen