[ESS] what is font-lock-pre-idle-hook

Jean Eid jeaneid at chass.utoronto.ca
Thu Dec 16 17:30:25 CET 2004

I have a problem Mx revert-buffer, I get the following message
(warning/warning) Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook':
(wrong-type-argument markerp nil)

Although the buffer gets updated, it gives me the above message and the
buffer won't be highlighted. In addition when I try to describe the
variable, it says nothing was found to match the name: font-lock-pre-idle-hook

Note that on a .tex buffer, I do not have any of the above problems. This
is why I think this is a good place to post the message.

I have the following system:
Xemacs 21.4 patch 15
ESS 5.1.21

Thanks in advance