AW: AW: [R] built-in Sweave-like documentation in R-2.x

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Tue Aug 10 16:11:25 CEST 2004

Moving to the ESS-help list -- this is about SWeave features that
might be nice, in relation to eval-region on an Sweave document where
the region spans multiple chunks of code, across documentation chunks.

"Khamenia, Valery" <V.Khamenia at biovision-discovery.de> writes:

>> A bit more work on the chunk evaluation approach within Emacs is one;
>> it almost does what is needed, but not quite.
>
> why almost, but not quite?
>
> ...without these "almost, but not quite" I would rather
> confirm your statemnt :)

Because the rest of the code isn't written; basically, we could do
something within the ess-eval-region command like (psuedocode follows,
don't try at home!):

(if  (and  (within-noweb-mode)
           (region-crosses-chunk-boundaries))
   (eval-region (using-R)
                (narrow-to-code-region-only selected-region)))

which shouldn't be too hard, but will take a bit of time.

best,
-tony

--
Anthony Rossini			    Research Associate Professor
rossini at u.washington.edu            http://www.analytics.washington.edu/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message and any attachme...{{dropped}}